Saturday 21 December 2013

things done




It is done. I submitted my PhD thesis for examination 2 weeks ago. I can hardly believe it, but slowly as the days pass my body and mind are beginning to process this fact. I am starting to uncoil the tightly wound spring of tension that I have become over the last 12 months of thesis writing. But what an experience! And I loved almost every single second of it.

So that means a little more time for printmaking - I have not been in the studio since April. It will be super lovely to get my hands dirty again. I feel quite rusty but also eager to get started. In the meantime though, a bit of rest is in order with some beach and mountain time in the company of family and friends. Bliss. See you in 2014!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Kylie, what a wonderful milestone to reach. Wishing you all the best for a restful break and 2014. We look forward to seeing some printed works in the new year. Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicki. Hope you enjoy the holiday season too.

      Delete
  2. congrats! have a wonderful break xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B! You too :-) Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful paintings in 2014.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Have a wonderful restful holiday!

    ReplyDelete