Sunday 2 September 2007

wild things

Over the Ridge. Drypoint etching by Robyn Rayner.

I just love the prints of Robyn Rayner, a Melbourne printmaker who documents in her work the ordinary weeds and wild surroundings of the western suburbs, as well as the wider landscapes of rural Victoria. Her work is full of the delicate lines and plants and things growing from the earth amongst shadows and clouds and the landscape of south-eastern Australia. I am a proud owner of one her prints, Shady, a group of 16 small prints together. It kind of looks a bit like this one


Neck of the Woods, but the one I have has more trees and weedy things, so generally more lines in it, which I like very much. I also love the colours she uses: soft greys, washed out blues, and pale earthy colours. And I've just found a few more of her prints here at the Framers Gallery website including the one I have, Shady, so I've decided to include it here for you to enjoy:


Shady, Etching by Robyn Rayner.

3 comments:

  1. really pretty-
    thanks for the link-very inspiring and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kylie, what i love about your blog is the how informative and inspiring it is .. so NOT self-indulgent like many i come across (mine included). I still don't understand where people get the time to put these things together. and you do it so well.
    thanks again for this one .. much to enjoy..

    ReplyDelete