Saturday 9 August 2014

the thing is done

It is done. The thesis has been examined and passed. And as weird as it sounds (to me at least), I am now a 'Dr'.

It's been a wonderful experience. I know not many people say that about doing a PhD. Most talk about the torture of it all, the marathon that it is. And of course there is plenty of hard work, a fair proportion of pain, and the journey is long for most, but oh how much I have learned!

My thesis is titled Creative practice, value, and the teaching of art and design in higher education. If you want to see a digital copy of the entire document click here. 

So many thank yous are needed and most have been covered in my thesis acknowledgment section. But I want to say another huge public thank you to the University of Melbourne who funded me to do the PhD through a scholarship. I am very honoured and utterly grateful.

And now for non-thesis writing weekends. And more printmaking!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dr Kylie. A major milestone!
    Well done. And here's to printmaking time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicki! Can't wait to get back into the studio.

      Delete
  2. That's fantastic news. Congratulations. And now to seeing an explosion of printmaking ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely of you to say, thank you! And yes, to more printmaking!!!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the beautifull photos. I was thinking to put this on my photo.
    Top Beauty Salon in Janakpuri

    ReplyDelete