Saturday 31 January 2009

flawed?


For Illustration Friday: flawed?

Years ago I was lucky enough to travel to Angkor Wat in Cambodia. This sketch is one I made of a very famous temple called Ta Prohm. You might recall it was used in the filming of Tomb Raider in 2001. Some consider it flawed because of the huge trees growing out of the ruins. To me it's beautiful because of the way it merges with the jungle around it. Unfortunately my scanner couldn't take in all of the sketch so there are sections missing. But this gives you an idea. Click on the image to see a larger version.

7 comments:

  1. the larger version gives me a better idea of what you have drawn, and you have drawn it well. the free trunks almost look like human figures dancing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Priya! It's such a magical place. And yes, I agree, about the tree trunks looking like human figures. I see legs and buttocks in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...what an amazing place and illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu've been tagged! Check out my blog for details. No obligations, but it would be fun to see what you come up with.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, i think you presumed right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and fab illustration. One of my favourite kid's books ever is of a tree growing through the middle of a little boy's house. For the life of me I can't remember the name of it, something like Toby's Tree, but the melding of building and tree I thought completely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing information in the website,i'very like reading in website,good luck

    obat gondok

    ReplyDelete