Friday 5 June 2009

head stories

Martha would be so proud - I bought a scone cutter the other day so I can now make round ones. I have a feeling I'll be making a lot of these over winter.

If you ever have trouble getting to sleep because you suffer from 'busy head' as I sometimes do try this: think of things that happened that day that you're grateful for. Even little things like 'I'm grateful it didn't rain while I was riding my bike to work' or 'I'm grateful the soup I made tasted ok'. I know it sounds a bit like psycho-babble (and I'm not usually much a fan of anything in that range, ask anyone I know) but you'd be amazed at what you can list. And then it has this wonderful ability to make you feel all calm and happy and peaceful. Then zap, before you know it you're asleep. Try it and tell me if it works for you.

7 comments:

  1. I tend to think super optimistic when I don't do so well at something, but never have thought of applying that when getting nervous and have troble getting to sleep! I will surely try that next time, thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy your blog, images, work in progress... great tips for this time of year too!

    I have the same teapot ...only it now has a succulent in it due to a little accident.

    I've been making lots of bread with my 3 year old this week (good with carrot, celery and giner soup!) but you've prompted me to move on to scones. Any recommendations for good homemade jam in Melbourne?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! Hmmmm... homemade jam recommendations....I don't believe I have any except getting some from a farmer's market or the Abbotsford Convent slow food market. I did have some leftover that I made from summer plums but sadly it's all gone now :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dinners sound pretty damn good to me. Come on how can M compare to that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like great advice - I'm about to go to sleep, and I'm never much good at that, so I'll give it a try. In fact, I'm going to think of all the things I did do today, instead of all the things I didn't manage to do!

    ReplyDelete