Saturday 1 May 2010

morioka teapot

Covet: Morioka southern iron kettle teapot.

ii ne kore reminded me of keibunsha, a treasure trove of goodness in Kyoto. I especially love the way the old floor boards in the gallery squeak as you walk on them. And now I'm contemplating how to carry back an iron teapot in my luggage when I visit Kyoto later this year. I've carried some heavy and not-very-portable things between Japan and Australia over the years. A rice cooker was one. Also delicate pottery (in my carry-on) and rolls of washi paper. So I'm not particularly phased by this potential new challenge. The real question is how many red teapots can a girl own? I have one already. It's not iron though!

5 comments:

  1. Oooooo this is so beautiful!
    I had never seen an iron pot in red colour, so pretty!!!!!
    I really want an iron teapot, but my friend who owns one says it needs a good care each time she uses it so it's stopping me from getting one.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm....that is really lovely.

    And the answer to your question is that a girl can never own too many teapots of any colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see why you covet this lovely pot - so simple - beautiful lines. A girl can never have too many teapots, shoes or beads I say..

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! i love these teapots:) and keibunsha...love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love that teapot! Jealous, jealous, jealous that you're going back for a visit!

    ReplyDelete