Monday 15 November 2010

2011 sketchbook project

Do you know about the wonderful 2011 sketchbook project? When you sign up you're sent a simple moleskin sketchbook which you are to fill (according to your chosen theme) by the deadline [15th January, 2011]. Then, the thousands of sketchbooks submitted will be exhibited at galleries and museums on a tour across the United States. But note: anyone in the world can enter! How cool is that?

This is the part I like: after the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view. Also, you can opt to digitise your sketchbook so people who can't go to see them on the tour in person can flip through them on the web.

I've just signed up! I love drawing, I love sketchbooks, I love the concept behind this project, and I love Brooklyn.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea. I was wondering whether someone would organise something similar for Australia. WOuld be even better if you knew you had a good chance of seeing the sketchbooks make their way around our galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the exact same thing (about doing this in Aus). Would be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete