Thursday 19 February 2009

this is love

I've fallen in love with bison. I'm not sure if this affair will be lasting or even if it will cause me pain, but I know for sure that I love this bison stone cup. I found it in a little bison shop in Melbourne down in the laneways near Flinders Lane. I can't remember exactly where. But if you check their website I'm sure it will tell you and it also looks like online shopping is coming to bison soon.
And they pop this cute little info sheet in with your purchase to tell you about bison's origins and how to care for your bison piece. Also repeated here. If you want to be tempted by more beautiful bison ceramics look here. The truth about my own bison cup (pictured above) is I bought it to give to a friend for her birthday. But as I said, I'm having an affair with bison, and I couldn't bear to part with my little piece. How terrible is that?

8 comments:

  1. I know exactly what your going through!
    Bison bowels are so beautiful. Not only there touch, which is so strangely smooth and soft, but also there not 100% perfect shape gives them a feeling of complete uniqueness and there colours...!
    My brother and sister in law gave me 5 bison bowels (for a wedding present)when I was in Newcastle last November. As I live in Spain I thought they were crazy! but I bubble wrapped them and put them in the hand luggage and now have them here with me. They're super lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad someone else gets my love of bison! I'll definitely be going back for more :) Lucky you Olivia - great wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that store. I am too scared to walk in in case I knock a whole shelf of display to the ground. I have peered from the outside in that nose stuck to the glass kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed! Beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bison too. The pieces just beg to be cradled in your hands. And the colours... don't get me started! I would have kept it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. being from the otherside of the earth, i've never heard of Bison - but they certainly are beautiful! i love to think about all the regionally successful items that exist all around the world - those that are coveted by the people in the region but are unknown to the rest of the world. imagine what online shopping will do for them!?!? fascinating!

    ReplyDelete