Thursday 26 February 2009

slow progress

I did hint it would take weeks of carving. The pic above is a print off one of the 5 blocks that I need to carve more from before it goes into the 5 colour print I'm making for the commission. I just wanted to print this little B&W number off it before I reduce it further. And that's my hanko (Japanese name stamp) purse you see on the left. I love that little thing!

We've had to cancel a trip to the Prom (aka Wilson's Prom) due to all the crazy fire activity still plaguing Victoria. And we were going to be hanging out with some lovely folk from the UK and be near the ocean and everything! We cancelled because we're being super careful and didn't want to risk being smoked in or the possibility of being stuck there due to fires all along the highway. They're predicting more craziness tomorrow with a forecast of 38 degrees and wind.

5 comments:

  1. this is a beauty. its gorgeous!

    so a japanese name stamp is called a hanko. i love that hint of red it gives to a black and white picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The carving is looking great. I can't believe how much work you're going to be putting in to this print.It's going to look spectacular though. Your a very game lady! Hope the weather stays under 40 for you guys. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you for those lovely comments :) The print will be a fair bit of work but hopefully worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ta for the birthday wishes. Oooh, I like seeing the process and progress of this print. I can't believe how hot it's been down there. Insane. In hope you find somewhere else to stay cool.

    ReplyDelete