Saturday 21 November 2009

secret pottery loveliness

Quickly. Shhhhh! Let me show you this beautiful bowl. Crafted by a new potter who is very blog shy so I dare not mention her name. Let's just call her M.I've been sneaking around the house this morning photographing this lovely work because I really believe it should be shared.The glaze is a delicate and subtle green. Like that gentle green you often see in Chinese pottery. The bowl is wonderfully thin and shaped so beautifully that it's a joy to hold in your hands.And I ate that nectarine as soon as the photo shoot was over. My first of the season - so sweet and juicy. I have a feeling I'm going to be in so much trouble for showing these pics to you. But in my defence, isn't the bowl just lovely? And wasn't I right in sharing it with you? But shhhhh! Don't answer too loudly, ok?

9 comments:

  1. (softly) it is very beautiful. love it's simplicity and muted colour. thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhhh. M's bowl is just lovely. Pass it on that I am green with envy that M can make such a beautiful thing and I really think M should start a blog and M should show the world more of these bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I will definitely pass on your messages. I'm sure M will be very touched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie :) M's bowl is wonderful. I loved what you wrote about how it feels in your hands. that's such an important part of it all - that tactile aspect. Really awesome to read how excited you are about it too. I love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely bowl! I will do my best to keep it on the lowdown so as not to draw too much attention. M should blog about her beautiful pottery!

    I'll bet that nectarine was tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful green - and very low key

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like its color and shape,lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete