Sunday 6 June 2010

wet

Things to do when you've got rainy weather on your hands:

1. Make a cushion cover. This one is screen printed and sewn by me. You can't tell in my hopeless photograph but it has a black cotton back to it which gives it a nicer balance than just the all-over natural cotton look.

2. Make a pear tart. With pastry from scratch (I think it's a first for me). We used a combo of the pastry recipe from here and the pear and fragipane tart filling from here. This would be one of my last meals/things to eat on earth if I had to choose. Tons of butter but as we all know that's why it tastes so good.

1 comment:

  1. Yum Kylie - both to the tart and the cushion. Food is good for the soul on a cold wet day-
    It;s raining again in Sydney so we went out for Shanghai dumplings. Enjoy that tart! Vicki

    ReplyDelete