Thursday 17 July 2008

circling in red

I've been printing with my lino block winter trees again and I must admit it's been fun experimenting. The winter light is quite poor today so that explains why this photo is a bit dark. But it's fitting really, don't you think, with a winter tree image?

Something interesting from the International Printing Center New York (IPCNY). They're calling for new prints for their Autumn show (that's autumn in the northern hemisphere of course). All the details about the kind of prints allowed and deadlines are here. I feel quite happy to say I even know where the IPCNY is as I searched it out in Chelsea last month when I was visiting New York. It's located in the back of an amazing rabbit warren of a building in the art gallery precinct. It's not easy to find but I did get the sense that they're doing really nice things for artists on a really low/non-existent budget.

And if you're in Melbourne this weekend come along to the Melbourne Design Market and Projekta 57. They're going to be a great events.

2 comments:

  1. love the shift in perspective on this--feeling like i'm looking up into or down from bird's eye here. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tepi, i hadn't thought about that in terms of perspective.

    ReplyDelete