Friday 11 July 2008

mandy renard

This drypoint print by Mandy Renard, another delightful Tasmanian printmaker (go Tassie go!), is so incredibly beautiful I can't wait to see it in person. Look at those gorgeous colours! I was too sick with my cold to go to the opening of Printing Figuratively last night but am hoping when I meet up with the lovely Carmel from Feed the Dog next week (yay she's in town from Sydney for a visit for the Melbourne Design Festival!) that we can incorporate it into a gallery crawl along Gertrude St in Fitzroy. Melbourne winter weather permitting, of course!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love that piece. Just look at that red spider lily! Hope you get better soon and enjoy your gallery crawl next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This oriental chrysanthemum image keeps recurring around me of late. I keep spotting them in old-ish Chinese tops and dresses found in op shops in the palest colours - the flowers really shine on them. Melanie says it's a spider lily, but take a look at those old Made In Hong Kong patterns. That's what it reminds me of.

    ReplyDelete