Thursday 21 August 2008

fruiting habits and the like

It's funny the kinds of anatomical names for plants that they use in botany. This is part of one of my drawings and according to the botanical information I had on hand it's technically a 'fruiting habit'. Strange looking thing but I'm quite fond of the quirky shapes. Almost pod-like, and I'm a sucker for the cuteness of pods.

And speaking of illustrations and quirky, lovely things, the new Pikaland August Project is up and live. You can also find out about the magical wonder of Pikaland by clicking on that gorgeous little bird holding the sack on the top right hand side of my blog. Amy from Pikaland coordinates the most original international illustration project I've ever come across. Check out the work of all the amazing illustration artists participating in the August Project. You'll even see some of my work there :)

3 comments:

  1. yes, quirky shapes are good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Sam! Just popped over to look at your gorgeous work at inklore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful bunch of goodies that little pikaland bird is holding this month!

    ReplyDelete