Friday 15 August 2008

loveliness

Wilkins and Kent of Brunswick St, Fitzroy (Melbourne) will be stocking a small range of my giclee art prints in their gorgeous homewares shop as of this weekend. Which is so lovely because I'm often asked through my online shop if I have a real shop in Melbourne so people can come and have a look at my work. And given I don't, this little partnership is a good thing.

I just have to share this great little Sydney based textile find with you. Publisher Textiles have a warehouse studio in Leichhardt and if I lived in Sydney I'd be standing on their doorstep every single Saturday for their open-to-the-public days just so I could feast my eyes on their printed textiles. All printed with eco-friendly water based inks. They do wallpaper too. If you want to see a fun little video they made of them printing on their long table click here and then go to 'who'. When you see how much work they put into printing each textile piece you can really understand the prices designers have to put on their work.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, good work getting your beautiful prints into wilkins & kent. I love that shop :)

    Publisher textiles is amazing, I went to see their shop and studio..they showed me around in the printing area...just amazing..and very helpful of course :)
    We're planning on having 'open days' too..so you can come and visit ink & spindle if you like

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - I love Publisher Textiles and would love to visit their studio one day! Thanks for putting the link to the video - just amazing to watch!!

    P.S. I've just tagged you with a Tree of Happiness award...
    if you'd like to participate, check out the current post on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that piece is beautiful. i love it

    ReplyDelete