Sunday 29 June 2008

march of the red dragonflies

Thanks to the lino cut magic of Sandra Krumins I've been inspired to finally finish cutting my dragonfly lino block and do some printing.
I started off with a whole lot of blue ones (somehow the colour blue just fits with dragonflies in my mind) but then moved onto some other colours including this slightly dirty red colour. I like the translucency of the print above which I was able to create by deliberately not inking the blocks up to heavily. This lot have been done of paper but my next step will be to print them on fabric. However, I do have a one-of-a-kind paper print available in the shop in case you're in the mood for purchasing.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. I love the overlapping. I always think of pink when I think of dragonflies. Don't know why.

    ReplyDelete